How would you assess your business in each of the areas below out of 10?
This will give you a guide as to where you need to focus.
- Relationships – can take years to develop and little time to destroy – never take for granted and always nurture.
- Culture – you need people in your business who care about it as much as you do and who share the same values for example, honesty, integrity, commitment.
- People – if you don’t have the right people in your business you’ll end up being ‘in’ your business too much and never being ‘on’ it.
- Marketing – should be a focus all of the time and the last thing you ever give up.
- Education – never give up learning
- Systems – anything that happens in a business should have a system
- Execution – how well people action what is required is vital – clients, employees, COI’s
- Projects – a business needs new projects in order to grow and retain good talent
- Technology – you need the right technology in place to enable people to do what they need to do
- Profit – manage your payment systems and costs tightly, never give away too much responsibility
Be a great leader and you’ll have a great culture and be able to recruit great people.
Be ordinary and ask little of yourself and the opposite will occur.
So, it all starts with you.