Your ideal client is the one who does business with you, is happy to do business with you, doesn’t question your fees, understands what value you offer and sees you as an exact match for the problem they want solved. They will stay with you, spend more money with you and happily refer you because you deliver exactly what they are looking for. They are the only ones you should market to and do business with. But, before you go rushing off into the big wide world, either online or offline, you need to create a story that will resonate with them, become a likeable character, give great information and become a trusted adviser AND the only way to do this? you’ll need to know who they are!
Try answering these questions, it should help you define who they really are:
1. Who is your prospect, take the time to write down a real true life description. Pretend they are sitting across from you right now. How old are they? what gender are they? what do they do for a job?
2. What is causing them pain?
3. What is their biggest problem?
4. What is this problem costing them emotionally and financially?
5. What can you do to help them, how would they feel about that?
6. What worries them and gets them angry?
7. What are they really after?
8. What forums do they hang out at? social media? networking events? what do they read? the paper? magazines?
9. What are they afraid will be discovered of them, what do they want no-one else to learn about them?
10. What would happen to them if you solved their problems, how would they feel, what would it give them?
11. Finish this sentence for your prospect, “If I could just…..”
12. If I was to pick them out a crowd, who am I looking for?
13. What other identity traits does this person have? debt? kids -how old?
14. What is their name?