We know that social media is an effective marketing platform that can help you attract & retain clients but I know from speaking with many of you, content, the what do we post and say part, can still be cause for frustration.
Below are 9 ideas that you can use to keep your social media fresh, engaging and simple for you to execute.
1. Ask questions – people love to share their thoughts and ideas. For example, you may ask “If we hosted a finance update event in our offices, which evening would suit you?”
2. Up to date information – believe it or not clients love to know that you are undertaking continual studies, that’s one of the things they value. So, when you are attending your next seminar/professional development day, take a picture and share it, informing them of what it is you’re learning about
3. Finance tips – people love a quick tip – consider what tips you could share that may add value to the reader. For example, Shane Oliver recently shared the 21 Greatest Investment quotes
4. FAQ’s -tried and tested – what are the top 10 questions you are typically asked by a potential client? share them via your social media channels. For example, “If I have a pre-existing medical condition, what are my chances of obtaining adequate insurance” Obviously you don’t give any direct advice!
5. Images – an image says a thousand words – be creative, use a photo editing app, for example Over and create your own personal brand – make it relevant though
6. Quotes – again, we love them! set up a quote of the week “create your own brand because everyone else is taken”
7. Community – if your clients are community based, for example, a regional area, what’s happening in that area that may be of interest? for example, something on the weekend, a play, a festival?
8. Acknowledgment – we all have raving fans, some are more vocal than others. No reason why you can’t give a shout out to those that support and share your content. For example, if someone constantly shares your updates say “hey @ XYZ thanks for your continual support!
9. National day – have you noticed that everyday is a national day of something or other? – Google it and make mention of it. For example, if it’s national walk day, ask if they walked to work today?
Social media is just as the word says, social, stop thinking you have to be everything financial services and be ‘social’.
If you found these tips useful then please feel free to share them, thank you.