Business is changing today far greater than it has before. It’s becoming more social and I don’t mean social by way of parties and events, I mean social as in client attraction & retention, client engagement, business process and business transformation.
If you choose you can interact with your clients and receive instant real time feedback which means you can take action almost instantly. You can quickly identify your key influencers and reward them (not in gifts!) And start to see the differing personalities of not only your clients but them of you. Service based businesses grow through personal and business brand, making your business ‘social’ can accelerate that growth through personal recommendations.
Social business = smarter client engagement (Sandy Carter)
6 Top things that will help transform your business into social:
1. The social platforms you choose to allow your clients to reach out and engage with you.
2. The design element of your business-at every part of the client engagement process will become one of your competitive advantages.
3. Changing your paradigm. Don’t narrow your market positioning to just offering financial advice but think about what that means to people and capture that message.
4. When considering your social engagement with clients consider what engagement your team can have too. Also consider how you engage with your team through social.
5. Become more insightful in terms of the data you receive from your email marketing campaigns, for example, to help you learn more about your clients wants and needs to enable you to better predict your businesses future direction.
6. Focus on partnering and influencing with those that can share a mutual mind rather than the traditional referral model of business.
These are important elements to consider in business today and an important conversation for us all to have.