I had a question the other day from an Adviser, given the question I thought I’d share it with you on this post. The question was “Should I be sending out my newsletter to my C & D clients?”
My answer? “Yes!”
In my travel’s I’ve seen many service offerings which include the words “receive newsletter”. Whilst I am a massive fan of content rich, relevant newsletters, I can’t say I’m a fan of including them in client’s service offering. Newsletters fall into the category of marketing communications and anyone and everyone should be receiving yours (via an email marketing system). A simple marketing communication tool such as a newsletter can result in many things, I’ve listed just 5 below:
1. Increased chance of word of mouth marketing – who is to say that when you send out that newsletter to a ‘C’ rated client that they don’t forward it onto their rich Aunt?
2. Increased chance of being remembered – what if that ‘C’ rated client has just received a windfall and needs financial advice?
3. Increased reputation building – if your articles are relevant and timely.
4. Increased chance of conversion – who knows who that ‘C’ rated client sits next to at work and is seeking financial advice.
5. Increased chance of being ‘liked’ on your social media platforms – who is to say that ‘C’ rated client wont visit your FB page and ‘like’ your business – 250 other people will see it too!
Marketing communication is a simple form of spreading your message – make sure everyone read it.
Is an expert an expert if nobody knows?
For more information about how you can improve your marketing head over to www.srscc.com.au