Now that we understand that social media isn’t going anywhere, in fact it’s growing so fast many can’t keep up, questions are being asked about how to engage clients, what can you share, what information do they want to read, see or hear about? knowing that your clients are paying for your expertise and for your leadership, whatever you post on your social media platforms, ask yourself a question every time, “Is this demonstrating that I am an expert in my chosen field, is it engaging and am I adding any value with what I am about to share?” if you are unsure, don’t post it! Below are just some suggestions that perhaps you can utilise.
1. Company insights – is there something happening in your business that you can share that will make your clients feel part of the business?
2. Are their financial authors that you really respect whose information you can share with your clients – always explain why you are sharing it – you are their expert.
3. I’ve mentioned writing a blog yourself many times before – perfect way to share and position yourself as a leader and expert
4. Client stories – tap into the emotional and the facts and figures – further demonstrates the value your business can offer
5. Quotes – you may be surprised but people love them -perhaps pick a day a week and label it quote of the week
6. Images and videos – again relevant. You can create your own or share from YouTube – 80% of the population prefer to hear and watch so this mode of communication engages with clients
7. Share stats, facts and figures – perhaps make them confronting, for example, the shocking revelation that the majority of Australians are under insured – you have the numbers!
8. Podcast – again create your own or share someones – interviews with experts in similar industries are always good
9. E-book – they say everyone has a book inside them – if you do, write it and share it
10. Webinar – we are seeing more and more advice businesses run webinars which is fabulous
11. Financial checklist – create one and share it
This list could go on forever however, my advice, pick 3 things from that list and start using those and test and measure. If you’re still unsure what to post, ask your clients what they want! any other ideas?